- 3-5 cored apples (cubed)
- 2 tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar (divided 1/2 and 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dry oatmeal (rolled or quick)
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1/2 stick of butter (cold, cut into thin pats)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice, white sugar, and cinnamon. Spread apple mixture in greased baking pan. Mix flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, and oats. Add 1 stick of melted butter. Stir. Pour mix over apples. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top. Distribute pats of butter evenly spaced across pan.
Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm alone or topped with vanilla ice cream.