- 2 English cucumbers
- 4 to 6 radishes (to equal 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- Ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Peel English cucumbers. Halve lengthwise; scrape out any seeds with a teaspoon. Slice cucumbers very thinly on the diagonal.
- Thinly slice radishes. In a large colander, toss vegetables with coarse salt. Top mixture with a plate that fits inside colander; weight with a heavy object. Drain in sink 20 minutes; squeeze vegetables in paper towels to dry.
- Transfer to a bowl; toss with minced red onion, cider vinegar, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon sugar; season with salt and ground pepper. Serve immediately.
**Photo and recipe courtesy of marthastewart.com