- 6 cups coursely chopped seeded (or seedless) watermelon
- 5 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 rounded tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup whole toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- sea salt
- 1/2 sweet white or red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1. Blend 2 cups of watermelon in a blender until liquid. Add the rest of the watermelon, the tomatoes, paprika, garlic, almonds, balsamic vinegar, and chipotle sauce and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt. Chill for at least 1 hour.
2. Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with the onion and cucumber dice.
*Recipe courtesy of Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
*Photo courtesy of http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com