- 1 garlic clove, smashed with the side of a knife, and then minced
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- tiny pinch of sugar
- tiny pinch of ground allspice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 5 or 6 smallish Green Zebra tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Leaves from 3 or 4 marjoram sprigs, chopped
- Small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, sugar, allspice, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the oil, taste, and adjust the ingredients accordingly. Set aside.
2. Cook the corn in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and let cool until you can touch it. Cut the kernels off with a sharp knife.
3. In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, and herbs.
4. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss gently. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
*Photo and recipe courtesy of healthygreenkitchen.com