- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound broccoli rabe/rapini, chopped into 1″ wide pieces
- juice of one large lemon (about two generous tablespoons)
- salt to taste
Cook, stirring, until the onions are a deep golden brown. Add garlic, and d continue cooking until the onions are deep reddish brown and the garlic is golden.
Add the broccoli rabe and stir to coat with the butter or oil and then after it wilts slightly, add the lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame seeds, and continue cooking, stirring, until the leaves wilt and turn a deep green.
Add salt to taste and serve immediately.