- 3 lbs carrots, peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs grated orange peel
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- Drizzle of honey
- 1 cup drained chopped pitted brine-cured green olives
- 1 cup chopped bulb Vidalia onions, greens and whites included
- Orange slices
- Fresh Italian parsley sprigs
Cook carrots in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Drain well.
Whisk oil, lemon juice, orange peel, and coriander in large bowl to blend. Add hot carrots and toss to coat. Cool, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with honey. Stir in olives and green onions. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Stir salad to redistribute dressing. Garnish edges of platter with orange slices and parsley. Mound carrots in center.
*All materials courtesy of epicurious.com